Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It is official, I have hit ROCK BOTTOM :)

Hitting  ROCK BOTTOM... have you ever found yourself FEELING this way?  How about SAYING this about your life, situation or even the day?? When you read those words, does it come to you in a negative way?  If so, I would like to share with you a NEW way to VIEW your life in a more POSITIVE and UPLIFTING style.

R U READY?

For me, hitting ROCK BOTTOM has a huge smile attached to that phrase,. To me, this means the ground breaking of a dream that has seen both passion and tears, high hopes and lots of prayers, from a thought, to a goal, to a sketch to reality.  It is here.  The COTTAGE.  Some are tired of hearing the word, some know every detail of the plan, some have supported me with all their heart & soul and some ask me- how can they be there to lend a hand?  For ALL of those feelings, I can say, I love each and every one of them!  Although people may not support your dreams, people can look at you in wonder and some may choose to giggle and ask WHY...  All I can say is WHY NOT?

In life, we have but one chance to spend that moment.  To make a REAL difference.   To love with all your heart, to set the goal on your eternal picture and to take the focus off of ourselves...Make the most of it!  As time goes (and it does go quick -trust me) I have learned and I practice and I fail and I dust myself off and try again.  NO ONE is perfect, especially me.  NO ONE makes all the right choices, NO ONE goes on this journey without bruises. 

But....
What we do with those experiences, knowledge and trials is all about HOW we will spend the rest of the moments AFTER the event.

Cause and effect? or let me say Cause and Affect.
Thinking of AFFECT, meaning that will SHOW your emotions, have an influence and BE as a result of a CAUSE.  Let me explain.  If ROCK BOTTOM is the lowest place in your world- sadness and depression and a whole host of EFFECTS can  result. You can take that same ROCK BOTTOM and the AFFECT can be how you HANDLE it and influence others to be positive in a situation versus negative.

A matter of PERSPECTIVE.

In the above case of the cottage, it has been years on the slate and waiting has been long but the dream will happen in the proper timing.  Not MY timing yet God's timing.  I shall rejoice in the reasons for changes and exercised use of patience (although I feel I am  not blessed with an abundance of patience... I do know, for a fact, that I must have it)  For what do we have if we don't have trust that all things happen for a reason, for a greater good and for God's Will versus our own.  Do not get self absorbed in the world of "YOU"??  If so, you... will only be let down.  Do not put ALL your trust in another, for the world is made up of many.  We are to interact, learn from lots of different sources and fall... yet, get up to dust off ourselves and develop the wisdom over time.

This, too, is  matter of perspective.

Today, marks the day I hit ROCK BOTTOM and for me, it is a shovel that hit a rock on the bottom...in the dirt, down deep to break the ground to start the cottage that is a dream that started many many moons ago and will be set into motion seeking the results of a little building housing a girls vision of delight and simplicity that will fill the heart of many who walk over the threshold to step back into the days gone by.....  Now. say that without taking a breath and you can experience my AFFECT of enthusiasm I strive to live every day with!  Why... NOT?

Come and share with me, your ROCK BOTTOM story and let the world see that it is ....a  matter of perspective.  Being that "affect", that influence of turning someone else's frown upside down into finding the pleasure, on the sometimes long journey it takes to get where you are meant to be.

Enjoy your step towards Spring, my friends, each and every foot of it!
Melany Meadows- LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment