Thursday, March 19, 2015

I have MOVED OUT...Please, do not be sad.

When I woke up yesterday and read a message, I realized... TODAY is the day!  Change has come. 

A day I had only dreamed of.  A day that was a long-g-g time in the making.  A day that was about to move into the next stage towards the goal...it was HERE.


I was beyond the feeling of bliss, I was so far in the clouds that I do believe I needed a rope tied to my waist to hold me down, for I was floating.  I found myself humming - loudly- oops (sorry neighbors...I can not carry much of a tune) and i was even singing!  CHRISTMAS CAROLS, no less.  REALLY?!  Yes, really....Well, I did feel that it was beginning to look a lot like that!! Between all the boxes and all the excitement and all the inside "tickle me pink" that I felt....It was surely GREAT.  Yeah, I even used an air guitar while strutting my stuff inside the garage! (thank you B and JM for playing in that rock band of my mind along with me)  I believe I pulled a muscle!  But, where there is a will, there is a way!  So keep on keeping on.

So do not go getting all scared and thinking I will leave you... for I am NOT. Trust me, I am planted and my roots are deep!  I ain't a goin' anywhere!  I will not be "moving out" from our Robin's "nest", that would take pulling out all my feathers leaving me bare and I don't agree with animal cruelty nor nudity in public!!   However I DID move out of the garage.  I did, I did!  The hubs almost a had a look of sadness in not seeing my infamous stack of near endless boxes marked"cottage" crowding his man cave oasis.  It is a forward step though and the opening of a new door on the future.  One that just simply adds an adorable "glimpse back in time" cottage where the little birdies who flock there will enjoy some tweets and greets and sweets and make beautiful lasting memories.  The Cottage will be complete before long ( yea yea yea... could take months!  after waiting this long what is another 60 days?) and all the "treasures" in those heaping boxes that just "moved out" will be finding their new resting space soon, unpacked and loved again.  Graced with the decor of yesteryear, tossed with textiles of mix and match prints and blessed with God's perfect timing.  I have dreamed, waited and anticipated this new step and I have accepted the path in which it has lead me.  I am so thankful for the time it has taken, for when you have to wait and learn patience and understand it is not about us yet about how God will use us towards a greater purpose, it makes it all the more a treasured walk.

I taste fresh brewed tea, I see children using their creativity through arts and crafts, I hear friend's laughter during our gatherings, I feel the touch of my husband as we sit and share conversation and I reflect on the words of my dearest of friends who have supported this adventure from day one.  I  will always be grateful to my "business partner"  and awesome friend for believing in me and knowing that wearing our matching pink tool belts, we are a force beyond measure.  She has been more than helpful, she has been my motivator and an inspiration in keeping this up on the TO DO list at the tippy top!  I am gifted with parents and an aunt who love me to the very core and know that dreamers do make things happen, through hard work and setting goals.  I am blessed with two beautiful women who entered our family through love, together with our boys and who have always thought the idea of a cottage was not a silly dream but a cool idea.  They patiently wait to see the reality unfold.  In fact I have a sign painted by N, that will hang on the wall as a reminder of one who loves me.  There have been lots more supporters not yet mentioned here, but have no fear, I am long winded and my book of life has many pages.  :)

If I may, (you know I will...) let me leap back a few years to fill you in.  Ok, QUITE A FEW YEARS...

There was a boy with the most amazing sparkles in his beautiful and stunning blue eyes.  He had gorgeous chestnut brown hair, strong yet loving hands that made you know he will always be loyal to you and a heart made of pure liquid gold.  Now when this boy set his mind on what he wanted, there was no keeping it from him.  He met a curly haired and bouncy personality girl with a smile and one never ending, rarely sleeping, barely resting and oh so creative mind. There was fireworks that sparked that day and their future had begun. 

Is love at first sight real?  Apparently so.  At the very least, we KNOW... your heart will land, where it falls.   For this, I say, Thank you, Lord. 

Now let me fast forward over 3 decades later.

There is a man with exciting hair of warm browns and soft grays, who has remained steadfast as the wind beneath the wings of his lady.  Never wavering and constantly supportive of her happiness.  He listens to all of her dreams and he is the "me"  in Mel and Me.  This man who wears a golden ring as his symbol of loyalty and unity  from a woman who loves him beyond her wildest dreams. Now this woman has had some rather exciting dreams, let me tell you.  FROM her infamous sketch pad it all begins...for example, the idea for the family to experience their very own playground and nature park...TO using the bob cat to dig out the earth "just like that" getting the job done! FROM removing a wall, TO removing MORE walls and finally busting out the back of their home to continue that quest to make room for their growing family all to have the place to gather making wonderful traditions, year after year.  FROM designing an intimate courtyard right down the to very smallest of details TO always standing beside her man in a construction tool belt being his helpmate and partner that has lead them to build on their lifelong legacy of togetherness. 

Their boys walked each and every step of the way along side them.  Grown now and on their own journey, proving that love & support & happiness, in even the smallest of ways given to another from oneself, (take a quick breathe) comes back to you in the biggest gifts imaginable. It is NOT about money.  It is NOT about career titles.  It is NOT about winning any competition. It is NOT anything that you can buy.  If you ever think it is any of those things, my friend you will find only loneliness and heartbreak and failed relationships. It is ALL about faith. ALL about truly loving someone.  Honestly trusting your heart and giving it to another. It is ALL about saying YES and then jumping in, feet first- submerging and bathing yourselves in that love. It is ALL about BEING that wind beneath the wings of your loved ones and letting THEM soar...  For a real relationship of any kind (spouse, parent, friend, etc) will NEVER leave YOU grounded, they will pick you up and together you will fly on that wind you generated.

So...

That boy and This girl knew that Those fireworks from many moons ago had only gotten more grand of a show in their skies.  For Together is where they will always rest their heads.

My dear husband and I had the pleasure of meeting when I was just a teenager. He remembering hearing him tell the cutest story to his family and friends of how he found me young and he modeled me into his "perfect woman".   So if that could be true, here is how I respond.  By telling him..  Okay...  well YOU MADE ME WHO I AM...(even when I get feisty).

I gotta love that man!  He is awesome.  He is a-maz-ing.  He is my loving and endearing husband.  He is my friend.  Thank YOU for completing the Mel and the Me :)  I love you, D. Forever

Be sure to count your blessings each and every day.

And...

Yes, I shall keep posted on the updates of the cottage, the memories being made, the progress and anything so awesome that leads me to bring my fingertips back to the keyboard to write and tell you all...for the journey has begun around the bend.

Have a lovely day and pay it forward with a smile.  You just never know whose life you can change with Being Simply You.

Tweets from our nest to yours, 
Melany Meadows- LaRochelle



No comments:

Post a Comment