Sunday, January 8, 2017

YES... It IS cold outside!!!

It is definitely COLD outsideyet, toasty inside!


We are feeling the low low digits of temperature here in the East.  The winds that blow can make it feel even colder.  The snow on the ground are keeping the frozen state that much longer.  It is here to stay for a few more days indeed.
Heating must be on at higher settings and the urge to do anything but sit with a pile of blankets keeping us warm is out of the mindset.  In the midst of the reality is the costs of this winter.  Money spent on gas, electric and wood.  The body can hurt more in the winter because of the stiffness and pain from lack of moving. "Costs" of the season can be great.  Did you know that depression happens to people in this season based on less light, less interaction and overall being lonely? 

However. Perhaps we can help combat that statistic!

If we view it as a time to REJOICE, get EXCITED, be THANKFUL and practice HUMILITY, we can SEE this season, THESE days and EVERY one that follows in a bright, new and hopeful light! 

Close your eyes (eh, just kiddin') you need to READ, so OPEN your pretty eyes.  Walk with me on this journey on how to make the MOST of your DAYS, the best for your NIGHTS and have a JOYFUL journey EACH and EVERY DAY of your LIFE! That means you have to join my newsletter, follow me on google +, FB, or email etc!

I am sitting here with my lil' french press, adorable moo cow creamer and YOU.  YOU in my thoughts, YOU who read my journals, YOU who attend my classes, YOU who listen to my speeches and YOU who I can't get enough of!  It is the YOU who makes my life decorated with petal pink and passion plum ribbons + bows!

I majored in business and design and with or without titles makes no difference.  For THIS life we are all unique. This life is more about WHAT you do with what you have been given, versus the man made title, salary or status that you are.  I love creativity, I feel it oozes from me (not literally!)  I love to write (all kinds of stuff!) and I love to interact with people (in real form but I have learned that virtual opportunities are a way that the Lord is letting me branch out further than I can personally reach - AWESOME)  Of course there are much smarter people than I.  There are many with more talents than I and there is a whole bunch more prettier than I.  Instead of dwelling on what I am NOT...  I focus on what I AM.  

I AM a CHILD OF GOD, first and foremost.  That, for me, makes a world of difference to how I view myself, how I treat others and how I want to be more than I think I ever could be... even if that means LESS.

When the days are long and the nights are cold, pier into your heart and gaze into your soul.  Knock on the door of the opportunity and allow His greatness in.  Bills will be bills and seasons come and go but if you start with a fresh new look at life, a whole new meaning will emerge.

Laugh with your loved ones
Hugs someone tight
Walk outdoor with your pet
Prepare a family recipe
Bake a warm dessert
Smile at a stranger
Call up an old friend
Stop by a family members home
Text a long time connection first
and
remember
to 
BE...
SIMPLY YOU.

May the joys of a peaceful Sunday provide you with the needs to have all the energy for an exciting week ahead!

Snow cones and Pink M&Ms,
Melany ~





No comments:

Post a Comment